Monday, April 22, 2013

No Substance

There are two different types of people in my school. There are those who understand the importance of expressing your thoughts and emotions. Then there are those who have been raised to think that any type of sharing is pointless, as well as a sign of weakness. I figured I would create a blog because I love to write and feel that some would enjoy what I have to say. I expected some taunting, but to be honest, most of the people at my school know that I'm too much of a hot head to mess with in excess.

While the taunting was expected, it still goes unexplained. What is it that makes some people so uncomfortable with being open about things? What is it that makes some people think that sharing your feelings and thoughts makes you lame? What's more, what is it about some teenagers that deprives them of some sort of deep, intellectual thought? I can't imagine a world as simple as black and white. I like the colors, I like the drama, I like the emotion. Without those elements, you are leading nothing more than a bland existence.

I hope that, if anyone actually reads these posts, they will draw something from them. I want people to understand that it is okay to express what's constantly rumbling around in your head. I wasn't taught to express my emotions as a child. In fact, I was encouraged to bottle it all up. There came a time, though, when I realized that this was one of the most unhealthy things a person can do. If things keep piling up and up and up, eventually you will reach a point where you either give up because you can't take it anymore, or you blow up because you can't take it anymore.

So, to those who think that creating a blog is laughable, I encourage you to find me and ask me why it is not laughable. I encourage you to find me and listen to my various reasons as to why it's healthy. Why it's something you may as well do if you're interested in writing. Hopefully I can show you that it's okay to feel. It's okay to think and to express what's on your mind.

So yeah, I'm dramatic. I'm emotional. I like to write about things worthy of giving thought to. I'm sorry I don't limit my thoughts to childish things. I'm sorry that I think it's immeasurably beneficial to share my thoughts.

Actually, I'm not sorry at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment