Sunday, April 21, 2013

We All Have Worth


You know, some people don’t have it as good as I do. Some people spend day after day inside their own head, wondering if they’ll ever amount to something. For some, their own minds are their worst enemies. Some people feel like they mean nothing to the world, they think that their disappearance would go unnoticed. But what I’ve learned from 17 years of life, what I’ve learned from books, TV shows, movies and just general experience is that everybody has something distinctly unique. Everyone has worth, whether it is in the sense of how society commonly sees it, or it’s the type of worth that is so special that it means nothing to you that it means nothing to others. We’re all alive right now to impact the world in one way or another. We all have the chance to become who we want to become, to become something that is something. We all have a chance to change the world, it just depends on which course we choose to take. For some, their courses are predetermined. For some, they can’t control external forces, they can’t help but have bad things happen to them. When my mom was sent away time after time I didn’t feel like it was my fault. I knew it was out of my control, that her problem was just that - her problem. I am, fortunately, strong enough to know who I am and who I’m not. I’m strong enough to know that some things that happen around me aren’t because of me. I wish that I had the power to show everyone else that sometimes it’s just not their fault. The fact that some people are just vicious and cold, the fact that life gets tough sometimes, it’s not your fault. There’s always somebody there who is willing to listen to you, to help you, to save you. I think suicide is the most tragic thing in this world. To die because you can’t find the strength to live, that’s something that nobody should ever experience. We all have our own interests, our own passions, our own reasons to keep living. We shouldn’t compromise anything about us for anybody else because who we are is worthy of pride. I’m damn proud to be shy, awkward, confident, outgoing, happy, mean, impatient, and everything else that I am. Sure, I have plenty of flaws, as does everybody else. But I know that doesn’t mean there is anything inherently wrong with me. I am who I am and I always will be happy with who that is. I wish I could find a way to show others the same outlook. I wish I had the resources. Well, maybe I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment